Available in 24 brilliant solid and multi-colors, Sulky Holoshimmer is a thin,
flat, ribbon-like polyester film that is metallized with an aluminum
holographic layer to give it a shimmery, brilliant reflectiveness.
Hints for success when using Holoshimmer
- Use a 14/90 metallic, topstitch, or embroidery needle.
- It is important to use Holoshimmer only on a vertical spool pin.
- Sew slower.
- All Metallics hate abrasion and small stitches; Metallics simply don't bend well into small stitches.
- Use a soft pliable Sulky Stabilizer to properly stabilize your fabric.
- Lower your top tension substantially.
- Use a lightweight Sulky thread in the bobbin, either a matching Sulky 40 wt. Rayon, Sulky Bobbin or Polyester Invisible Thread
- Dry clean or wash in cool or warm water, dry at low heat setting. Iron on a low temperature.